|Player's Code of Conduct|
|Coach's Code of Conduct|
|Parent's Code of Conduct|
Sports/Extracurricular Activities for Boys and Girls
The athletic program at Notre Dame School is motivated and guided by the philosophy and goals outlined in the beginning of this Parent/Student Handbook. However, for the smooth operation of this program, some additional goals and guidelines are necessary. Prior to listing them, the Administration wishes to acknowledge the support, participation and cooperation of parents and coaches, without whom the athletic program would not exist.
Objectives of the School Athletic Program
- To teach Christian values
- To teach sportsmanship and the value of athletic participation
- To teach the importance of practice and the management of time
- To develop acceptance and an appreciation of others
- To teach fundamental skills and rules of athletic competition
- To develop students physically
- To develop good health habits
- To provide a proper outlet for youthful energy
The Athletes Prayer
Lord, please clear my head of all distractions,
And my heart of burdens I may bear,
So I may perform my very best,
Knowing You'll always be there.
Please lift me up before the moment,
So through Your eyes I may see,
And have a clearer understanding,
As the game unfolds before me.
With great courage I will meet this challenge,
As You would have me do,
But keep me humble and remind me,
That my strength comes from knowing You.
Then when all eyes are upon me,
At the end of this big game,
I will turn their eyes to You O Lord,
And to the glory of Your name. Amen
Requirements for eligibility:
- Parents must sign permission slips allowing their child to participate in the Notre Dame Athletic Sports Program.
- Students must be in good physical condition. Students must have medical clearance from a doctor every school year in order to participate in the sports program.
- Students must follow the rules and regulations as outlined in the Player's Code of Conduct.
- The Principal or Athletic Director may dismiss any player from any team for violating the rules of eligibility.
- The Administration retains the right to make exceptions in particular situations regarding eligibility.