General Information - Page 2
|Steps and Important Information|
Steps and important things know when applying:
Families already enrolled in Notre Dame School are sent forms in March of each year. The form is a statement of intent whether or not parents wish their child(ren) to return to Notre Dame School for the next school year. Parents are asked to return the form by the specific date indicated on the form. Failure to complete the form by the specified date could result in non-acceptance of a family for the next school year. Formal acceptance notices are not sent for children already attending Notre Dame School.
All families who have not fulfilled their Fund Raising Obligation or Parent Volunteer Hours Requirement
throughout the year will be notified and a conference will be requested by the Principal/Pastor before the family is re-admitted into the school for the following school year. A higher registration fee will be charged for nonparticipating families.
Families wishing to enroll in Notre Dame School may apply anytime after school resumes in January. The
procedure for reviewing applications of new students for Notre Dame School is stated as follows:
1. Applications will be processed in March and all children will be tested by the end of March. Parents will be informed by April 15th as to whether their child has been accepted. Kindergarten applicants will be tested in 12th of February and parents will be notified of acceptance by March 15th.
2. The following priorities are applicable in accepting students:
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Admission allocation will be based on a formula that guarantees that fifty percent (50%) of the seats will be reserved for children of participating church members in both St. Joseph Parish and St. Mary's Parish.
3. Parents registering children for school must present a copy of the child’s birth certificate, all sacramental certificates, a letter from their pastor, copy of latest report card and recent test scores, where applicable. No applications will be processed until this information is recorded.
4. Applications will remain in an active file until June of the school year for which said application was made. Parents must notify the school office by the end of February if they want their child to continue to be considered for acceptance in the school. If the school is not notified, applications are placed in an inactive file for one year.
5. A $25.00 non-refundable fee for each child must accompany each application. This fee is paid only once.
MID-YEAR ACCEPTANCE POLICY
If the school administration determines that an opening will occur before the mid-point of the second trimester, the following steps will be followed:
- Referral to the waiting list for qualified applicants seeking acceptance.
- The following will be requested:
- Most recent test scores.
- Copy of latest report card.
- Copy of current teacher evaluation.
3. A conference will be set up with the applicant and his/her parents.
4. The final decision will be made by the principal.