Uniform - Page 3
|Free Dress Days|
|Enforcement of Uniform Code|
Page 3 of 6
- SHIRTS:All students, (K-7) will wear a white short sleeved polo shirt with the Notre Dame School logo embroidered on front. The white polo may be worn with uniform jumpers, skirts, pants, shorts and skorts. The Peter Pan colored blouses (K-4) have been phased out and are no longer acceptable. Eighth grade students will wear a short sleeved green polo shirt with the Notre Dame School logo embroidered on front. A white turtleneck may be worn under the uniform shirt during the winter months. No logos allowed on the turtleneck. Note: Fun Run T-shirts may be worn only on Fridays. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- JUMPER/SKIRTS:Kindergarten through fourth grade girls wear jumpers and fifth through eighth grade girls wear skirts. Skirts may not be rolled at the waist. Skirts should be no shorter than 1" above the knee. Shorts may be worn under girl's skirts by girls who play on the playground equipment.
- PANTS: Plain gray twill pants. Pants should fit properly at the waist with the cuffs/hems of the pants at shoe level.
- SHORTS: The gray uniform shorts may be worn in place of long pants during the months of August, September, October, April, May and June. Tights may not be worn with shorts.
- SKORTS: Regulation green plaid skorts are available for all grade levels. The skort must be worn (K-7th) with the white polo and (8th) with the green polo shirt tucked in.
- BELTS: If there are belt loops on the trousers or shorts, a plain dark colored belt must be worn at all times with shorts, skorts or pants. Do not remove the belt loops from shorts, skorts or pants. Exception: Kindergarten students learning to use belts for the first time will be excused from this requirement until January.
- SWEATSHIRT: The long sleeved Notre Dame School green sweatshirt is the ONLY sweatshirt that may be worn at school. The green sweaters have been phased out and are no longer acceptable. Gray sweatshirts are a privilege reserved for eighth grade students only.
- SHOES: Non-skid, sturdy rubber soled oxford leather shoe or tennis shoe that fit correctly are to be worn. Color must be plain grey, black, or white. No open-toed shoes, boots or platforms are allowed. Shoes must be tied correctly or have zippers or a Velcro strap. No additional decorations (lights, designs, rollers, or colors) are allowed on shoes. Shoe laces must be black or white and worn with the appropriately colored shoe.
- SOCKS: Plain white, gray or dark forest green (no black) crew socks may be worn. There should be no lace, ruffle trim or logos on the socks. Socks must be visible at all times and should cover the ankle bone or be one inch above high top shoes. For girls, knee socks or tights in the above mentioned colors are acceptable for wear with jumpers, skorts and skirts.
- JEWELRY: Small "stud" earrings may be worn in pierced ears. No hoops or dangling earrings are permitted for safety reasons. Only one earring in the lobe of the ear is allowed. Watches are acceptable. No other jewelry may be worn. It is recommended that jewelry not be worn on P.E. days.
- HAIR: Natural color. No frosted, bleached, dyed, or sun in hair coloring is permitted. Hair shall not cover the eyes. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Minimal hair accessories that reflect the school colors are allowed. Students who come to school with bleached/dyed hair will be sent home and may not attend school until hair is restored to the natural color. No makeup, nail polish, artificial nails or tattoos are allowed during the school day or at school sponsored functions.